NEPO and The Procurement Partnership Ltd (TPPL) have extended their successful partnership for a further five years, until 2025.
The partnership was originally launched in 2017 to provide NEPO’s Member Authorities and Associate Members with a compliant route to meet their fleet requirements. This includes the acquisition of a wide range of vehicles from cars, light and medium commercial vans to buses, coaches and heavy goods and specialist vehicles such as refuse collection vehicles.Since the establishment of the partnership, over the last three years NEPO Members have accessed the full range of fleet solutions to place over 650 orders, covering over 1,500 vehicles with a total investment exceeding £80 million. Following this success, the partnership recently widened its scope to include building materials, covering a broad range of requirements from general materials to plumbing and electrical spares to modular build commercial and residential accommodation.
Benefits of the partnership include the following:
- Access to a wide range of key suppliers.
- Increased competition delivering more competitive pricing.
- Additional support provided by TPPL including technical and market knowledge, support with regard to running further competitions and the delivery of tender exercises where required by Members.
In response to the Covid-19 pandemic, TPPL are working closely with suppliers appointed to solutions to assess their ability to bid on procurements at this time. It is important procurements are structured and monitored in a way that offers members the opportunity to obtain the best level of competition available, whilst ensuring suppliers are treated fairly and have the chance to bid for tender opportunities at this challenging time.
Steven Sinclair, Procurement & Commercial Director at NEPO said:
“NEPO’s longstanding partnership with TPPL focusses on adding value to the public sector’s buying experience. The expertise and insight offered by TPPL has helped to shape a joint portfolio of solutions that is compliant and market-leading. Our commitment to work in partnership for a further five years will build upon this good work and ensure that we continue to deliver for our public sector members.”
James Brennan, Managing Director at TPPL said:
“We are delighted to have extended our partnership with NEPO. The relationship has enabled TPPL to enhance the purchasing power available to our wider membership. As a result of our collaboration with NEPO we have made a number of market leading procurement solutions available to public sector organisations across the UK. We will continue to provide public sector organisations with guidance in matching their requirements to the appropriate TPPL solution, and providing comprehensive support throughout the procurement process.”
The full range of solutions delivered under the NEPO and TPPL partnership includes:
- EXT113 (HCC Purchase) Vehicle Purchase Covering Cars, Light and Medium Commercial Vehicles, Sweepers up to 12.5t, Vehicle Racking and Van Conversions, Telematics Equipment and Electric Vehicle Charging Infrastructure.
- EXT115 (BNES Bus) Vehicle Purchase Covering OEM Minibuses, converted accessible and non-accessible minibuses, Coaches and Buses up to 75 seats.
- EXT116 (HCC Contract Hire) Vehicle Contract Hire Covering Cars, Light and Medium Commercial Vehicles, Welfare Buses and Sweepers up to 18t.
- EXT118 (CSKL Rental) Vehicle Rental Covering Passenger Cars, LCVs, MCVs, Welfare Buses and Coaches, Sweepers and Heavy Goods Vehicles up to 44t.
- NEPO214 Grounds Maintenance and Plant Equipment, including Handheld Tools.
- NEPO224 HGV and Specialist Vehicles Procurement Framework Including Contract Hire of HGVs and Buses.
- NEPO219 National Building Materials (DPS)